- Sergei I. Konzhin
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Petr I. Kamensky
- Kostroma State University
- Development and testing of a verbal role-playing game “High voltageˮ as a method for diagnosing risk readiness
- Konzhin S.I., Kamensky P.I. Development and testing of a verbal role-playing game “High voltageˮ as a method for diagnosing risk readiness. Vestnik of Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics, 2022, vol. 28, № 4, pp. 52-56. https://doi.org/10.34216/2073-1426-2022-28-4-52-56
- Publish date:
The modern world is full of a situation of uncertainty, where a person must make a choice of different measures of complexity and risk. Risk also represents uncertainty, as it contains limitations in predicting consequences, as well as opportunities and probabilities. At the same time, it concerns various spheres of human life, differs in the factors of occurrence. In this regard, there is a need to study human behavior associated with risk. Test methods that exist at the moment do not reveal different types, sides of risk. Their main drawback is the isolation of test questions from the context of the situation, the conditions where a person must make a choice. The aim of our work was to develop a methodology that will be able not only to diagnose risk readiness, but also, based on group interaction, to have a psychotherapeutic potential. The result of the development was a verbal role-playing game called High Voltage. The article presents the stages of development and testing of the methodology, the results. The use of this method makes it possible to obtain data assessing both the general level of risk readiness and, in particular, social, physical, technical and deviant risk. Also, the described methodology allows you to look at the differences and features of decision-making related to risk, both individually and in a group.
risk, risk diagnosis, verbal role-playing game, physical risk, social risk, technical risk, deviant risk.
- Funding and acknowledgments:
We thank Candidate of Pedagogical Sciences Krylova N.G., Silina E.A., Chernyaev K.A., Zheronkina D.R., Titov V.A. for help in the research.
- Literature list:
Belinskaja E.P. Neopredelennost' kak kategorija sovremennoj social'noj psihologii lichnosti [Uncertainty as a category of modern social psychology of personality]. Psihologicheskie issledovanija [Psychological research], 2014, vol. 7, № 36, 10 p. (In Russ.)
Bol'shoj psihologicheskij slovar [Big psychological dictionary], ed. by B.G. Meshherjakova, V.P. Zinchenko. Moscow, AST Publ.; Saint Petersburg, Prajm-Evroznak Publ., 2009, 811 p. (In Russ.)
Kornilova M.V. Institut social'noj zashhity naselenija v uslovijah usilenija social'nyh riskov: avtoref. dis. kand. soc. nauk [The Institute of Social Protection of the Population in the Conditions of Increasing Social Risks: PhD thesis]. Moscow, 2012, 23 p. (In Russ.)
Kornilova T.V. Psihologija riska [Psychology of risk]. Moscow, Progress Publ., 2003, 421 p. (In Russ.)
Prakticheskaja psihodiagnostika: Metodiki i testy [Practical psychodiagnostics: Methods and tests], ed. by D.Ja. Rajgorodskij. Samara, BAHRAH-M Publ., 2002, 667 p. (In Russ.)
Fetiskin N.P., Kozlov V.V., Manujlov G.M. Social'no-psihologicheskaja diagnostika razvitija lichnosti i malyh grupp [Socio-psychological diagnostics of the development of personality and small groups]. Moscow, Institut Psikhoterapii Publ., 2002, 488 p. (In Russ.)
- Sergei I. Konzhin, Saint Petersburg State University, St. Petersburg, Russia, email@example.com, https://orcid.org/0000-0003-3118-823X
- Petr I. Kamensky, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Kostroma State University, Kostroma, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0001-5623-9174