- Savenysheva Svetlana Stanislavovna
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Zapletina Oksana Olegovna
- Saint Petersburg State University
- Social support as a factor of parenting stress for mothers of young and preschool children
- Savenysheva S., Zapletina O. Social support as a factor of parenting stress for mothers of young and preschool children. Vestnik of Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics, 2021, vol. 27, № 1, pp. 162-132 (In Russ.). https://doi.org/10.34216/2073-1426-2021-27-1-162-132
- Publish date:
The article is devoted to the study of the characteristics of parenting stress of mothers of young and preschool children and their relation with the relationship with the spouse and social support. The study involved 91 mothers of young and preschool children. Methods include Parenting Stress Index by Richard R. Abidin, Marriage Satisfaction Questionnaire by Yuliya Alyoshina, Social support questionnaire (F-SOZU-22), Social support questionnaire (ISEL), socio-biographical questionnaire. The study found above average level of parenting stress, average level of social support and marriage satisfaction. A close relationship was found between the characteristics of parenting stress and the characteristics of relationships with a partner (with the emotional climate in the family, marriage satisfaction, help in raising a child, time spent by a spouse with a child). Relationship with a partner is most closely associated with indicators of health and depression. Parenting stress is also closely related to the level of general social support. The most significant predictor of the level of parenting stress in mothers is among the characteristics of social support, satisfaction with social support. The strongest links between spouse relationship and social support are found with parenting stress in parent domain.
parenting stress, social support, emotional support, relationship with spouse, marriage satisfaction, stress in parent domain, stress in child domain
- Funding and acknowledgments:
This work was supported by the Russian Foundation for Basic Research, project 19-013-00594.
- Literature list:
Liders A.G. Psihologicheskoe obsledovanie sem'I [Family psychological examination]. М., 2007.
Savenysheva S.S., Anikina V.O., Mel'do E.V. Faktory roditel'skogo stressa materej detej rannego i doshkol'nogo vozrasta: analiz zarubezhnyh issledovanij [Factors of parenting stress in mothers of early and preschool children: analysis of foreign studies]. Sovremennaya zarubezhnaya psihologiya [Journal of Modern Foreign Psychology], 2019, vol. 8, № 4, pp. 38–48.
Savenysheva S.S., Marachevskaya M.V., Migunova K.YU. Roditel'skij stress i koping-strategii u rabotayushchih i nerabotayushchih materej detej rannego vozrasta [Parening stress and coping strategies in working and non-working mothers of young children]. Vestnik Kostromskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Seriya: Pedagogika. Psihologiya. Sociokinetika [Bulletin of Kostroma State University. Series: Pedagogy. Psychology. Sociokinetics], 2019, vol. 25, № 4, pp. 113–117.
Holmogorova A.B., Garanyan N.G., Petrova G.A. Social'naya podderzhka kak predmet nauchnogo izucheniya i ee narusheniya u bol'nyh s rasstrojstvami affektivnogo spektra [Social support as a subject of scientific study and its violation in patients with affective spectrum disorders]. Social'naya i klinicheskaya psihiatriya [Social and clinical psychiatry], 2003, № 2, pp. 15–23.
- Savenysheva Svetlana Stanislavovna, Candidate of Psychological Sciences, Saint Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg, Russia, firstname.lastname@example.org, https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7529-1493
- Zapletina Oksana Olegovna, Saint Petersburg State University, Saint Petersburg, Russia, email@example.com